Archive for the ‘IPL 2010’ Tag
- Full capacity crowds enjoying themselves, trumpets, drums and little barbeques on the ground, the overall carnival atmosphere. Port Elizabeth Rocks.
- Indian support staff and coaches. We should not forget that 7 out of 11 members in the playing squad are going to be Indians and quite a few of them with very little / no international experience at all. Indian coaches and support staff certainly cant be worse than say for example Buchanan and his army of coaches for bowling, batting, fielding, and probably dressing room etiquettes.
- More Indian commentators – Do we really need more?, you may ask – Yes, and why, because the Arun lals, Shivas and may be Siddhus can do equally effective amount of jumping up and down in front of cheerleaders stage, shoving the mics up the players noses in the dugout and stating the obvious as Coneys and Morrisons do.
- More innovative shots from the batsmen.. the thwacks, the hoicks, the heaves and the scoops are not enough…we need more.
- Dare I say it? More Fake IPL Players! We need the imaginary/not so imaginary inside scoops from more dressing rooms! Lets hope next year there will be more such online blogs giving insights on Dressing rooms of other IPL teams too. After all, if KKR decide to turn the tables and make people talk about their performances on the field than off the field next year, we surely do not want to left without the entertainment.
- Lalit Modi. Yes, the guy invented a great idea, a genius, but do we need to be reminded that every hour during the match? Lalit Modi, checking msgs on his cellphone. Lalit Modi, entertaining some VIP guests in the VIP area. Mr. Modi, smiling and chatting with the guest sitting next to him – Whoa.. exclusive – never seen before stuff! We already know Mr. Modi is the man and the brain behind the IPL success story; how could we ever forget when the commentators keep remind us that every 30 mins? Imagine a filmmaker thinking of an innovative concept, making a great movie based on it, and then appearing on screen every 5 mins just in case we forget it is he who has created this wonder.
- Well, this one is very established now, the strategic time outs! Now, I know the TV broadcasters have to squeeze in as many ads as they can, but I can not remember a single time out that does not make me switch the channel even at the risk of missing an over after the time out. As it goes, it does not seem to have done any good to any one but may be the broadcasters. The players lose the momentum, the viewers go channel hopping.
- All the buffoonery of commentators reporting live from the field and player dug outs, shoving the mics up the players noses and asking stupid questions, stating the obvious the 100th time. Can we have some sanity back in the commentating please? Beware Harsha, they will get you too!